A generous recipe with delicious plump shrimps. Pairing well with broccoli, taking in vegetables will be easy with this recipe.
The pink of the shrimp and the bright green of the broccoli will add a nice contrast of color to the table.
Nutrition per Serving
- 10 Shrimps/prawns (black tiger)
- a little Salt (for shrimp preparation)
- 2 tsp Sake (for shrimp preparation)
- 2 tsp Potato starch (for shrimp preparation)
- As needed Salt
- As needed Pepper
- 1 tbsp Potato starch
- 0.5 head Broccoli
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2.5 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 0.5 tbsp Sugar
- a little Salt
- 1 tbsp Sake
- As needed Vegetable oil
Peel the shells off the shrimps, make a cut in the back and remove the guts. Add a pinch of salt and about 2 tsp each of sake and potato starch (for shrimp preparation), and rub in well.
Just before grilling, put shrimps in a plastic bag, season with salt and pepper, add potato starch, and shake the bag to coat.
Cut the broccoli into bite-sized pieces and mince the garlic.
Mix with ingredients (A) and set aside.
Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium-low heat and saute the garlic. When the garlic becomes fragrant, add the shrimp and cook for about 2 minutes until the shrimp changes color. Add broccoli.
Sprinkle about 1 tbsp of sake on top, cover, and steam. After about 2 minutes, remove the lid and fry until the water evaporates. Add mixed ingredients (A) to the pan, lower the heat slightly, and stir-fry until the sauce changes color and becomes glossy.
Serve on plate and enjoy!
- It's a good idea to open the back of the shrimps to remove the guts, but also to make them look bigger.
- The broccoli does not need to be pre-boiled, but can be easily cooked by sprinkling it with cooking wine and steaming it in the frying pan.