A healthy recipe in only three steps-- a great dish that can be prepared with children. Green onions, rich in vitamins, can be added as a condiment. The sweetness of the green onion is enhanced when cooked, helping children learn to love their vegetables. This is an easy recipe that tastes great with a bowl of rice, warming the body and soul. Give it a try with your children!
Nutrition per Serving
- 2 Eggs
- a little Salt
- a little Pepper
- 1.06 oz Green onions/scallions
- 1.76 oz Shimeji mushrooms
- 2 sticks Crab stick (kanikama / imitation crab)
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 0.42 cup Water
- 0.5 tbsp Granulated chicken soup stock
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Potato starch
- 2 bowls Cooked rice
Cut green onions into diagonal slices. Remove the pith from shimeji mushrooms and separate into small bunches, Break up crab sticks. Heat sesame oil in a frying pan over medium heat and saute green onions, shimeji mushrooms and crab sticks.
Break the eggs into a bowl, season with salt and pepper and mix. When the vegetables from step 1 have softened, add the egg mixture and stir 3~4 times.
When the eggs are half-cooked, add the mixture of ingredients (A). When the mixture has thickened, pour it over the rice in a bowl.
- The green onions can be substituted with komatsuna, bok choy, or Chinese chives.
- The green onions can be cut with kitchen scissors if little children will be cooking.
- Since the potato starch will sink to the bottom of the pan, mix seasonings (A) well just before adding to the pan.