This delicious Japanese dessert is for all ages. Enjoy the smooth, chewy texture of mochi with sweet, creamy ice cream. It's easy to make, too.
- 4 Kirimochi rice cake
- 0.42 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Strawberry jam
- as needed Potato starch
- 8 small scoops Vanilla ice cream
Place the kirimochi in a heat-resistant container and cover with a plastic wrap loosely. Heat in the microwave at 500w for 2 minutes.
*Kirimochi is a rectangular piece of mochi.
Remove the plastic wrap and add water. Heat for another minute. Melt the mochi by mixing well with a spatula, then add ingredients A.
Divide the mochi into 8 equal parts. Sift potato starch into a tray, place the mochi inside and shape into circles. Cool.
- The mochi sticks easily, so be sure to sprinkle with potato starch.
- Please spread the mochi thinly so that the texture becomes better when you eat it.
- Please move to the next step after the temperature of the mochi cools.
Scoop vanilla ice cream onto the mochi. Wrap the ice cream with mochi by picking up the edges and shaping it into a ball. Wrap the mochi balls with plastic wrap and place them in the freezer for about 20 minutes. Cool in the freezer for at least half a day for best results.
- When you eat it, take it out from the freezer and leave it for a while to make the mochi soft and delicious.
- If you change the kind of jam or ice cream, you can enjoy various flavors of Mochi ice cream. Please try it.